Friday, September 4, 2015

B'LAAN HAT.......SA FING ULO IN 'LAAN LANGUAGE

B'laan, an indigenous group that is concentrated in Pula Bato, Tampakan. Men and women B'laans worns hat made of soft bamboo and decorated with nito vine with pointed tips. It is useful and necessary to covering for the head to protect themselves from heat that protects the face from exposure to the sun or on bad weather. They worn hat every time they work for long hours in the fields. Without knowing it, I
have collected some hats and hang in the wall in our house. Every time I'm in trip to the B'laan community, I'm looking for hat and some accessories for my collections, and it attracts interest on me, It made me smile while trying wearing hat on my head. It has a unique qualities are rarely admired. This hat is very important to the Philippine way of life and for environment. I collect B'laan hat for practical used primarily as protection from the sun and rain. I highly value the creation and design and weaving process. I admire the indigenous designs by using bamboo strips with nito vine..........PHOTOS POSTED ARE MY COLLECTIONS.........

No comments:

Post a Comment